Sunday, May 26th, 2013
The suppliers portal abertis is a communication channel that gives fast and transparent access to:
Dear supplier, abertis offers to you the nexus portal, a service that allows you to consult, online, the status of your invoices (to be authorized, to be paid, already paid, refused, volume of transactions), as well as all your purchasing orders authorized by abertis.
For the registration and qualification of its suppliers, abertis uses an external support system for the processes of purchase and contract, based on online directories which manage the information and documentation about our suppliers.
If you provide (or wish to provide) goods and services to abertis airports’ companies operating in UK, you must register for UVDB system.
If you provide (or wish to provide) goods and services to any other society of the abertis Group, you must register for Docuplus S&I system.
According to the critical nature of the activity and the financial amount to be procured, the registration process may consist of several phases:
• Pre-registration phase: the supplier accesses an online questionnaire which must be completed.
• Basic registration (level 1): abertis verifies the information provided by the supplier and determines whether it must move on to the next registration level or is considered to be approved at Level 1.
According to the supplier's annual turnover level and the categories of the products and services involved in its main activity, abertis will determine whether the supplier must register for UVDB (UK) / Docuplus S&I (rest of the world), the supplier classification and registration system for the service and industry sector.
• Basic UVDB/ Docuplus registration (level 2): the supplier must provide additional documentation to complete the basic registration process.
• Standard UVDB/ Docuplus registration (level 3): according to the critical nature of the categories of supplies selected by the supplier, as well as its level of turnover, abertis will determine whether registration at the higher level is required, and will ask it to provide additional documentation.
Note: Registration at levels 2 and 3 (Docuplus S&I) requires the payment of an annual fee by the supplier to the company Achilles. Registration at level 1 (basic) does not entail the payment of a fee.
abertis has implemented a global, integrated purchasing management policy, which is applicable to the Group as a whole.
One of the pillars of abertis' purchasing policy is its relationship with suppliers, taking responsibility for the optimum management of supplier relations.
The relationship with suppliers is based on the values and principles included in the abertis Group's Code of Ethics and Social Responsibility Policy.
abertis therefore makes available to its buyers the necessary tools to efficiently carry out the selection, approval and continuous evaluation of suppliers.
The abertis Group's Purchasing Model reinforces the strategic function of its purchasing organisation and promotes the process of transformation to consolidate its strategic positioning.The model seeks excellence in purchasing management through the structuring of a simple, homogenous process aimed at cost reduction.
General conditions of contract for the procurement of supplies
The abertis Group's 2011 catalogue of goods and services
abertis' Ethical Code stipulates that supplier selection processes must comply with principles of fairness, objectivity and transparency. Selection will be primarily based on quality and cost criteria, as well as the meeting of deadlines. The contractual conditions agreed by the parties will also be observed.
With the aim of strengthening the relationship with our top partners, abertis has decided to implement a new online trading platform.
This space is set aside for dialogue between abertis and its suppliers, through the publication of information and documentation of interest. This helps us reinforce our commitment to:
• transparency in processes for the purchase and procurement of goods and services
• the promotion of stable and trustworthy relationships with our suppliers
• respect and care for the environment (minimising the use of paper)