Friday, October 24th, 2014
abertis' origins are to be found in the construction, management and operation of Spain's first tollroads.
Since its creation, in 2003, abertis has followed a growth and profitability-based strategy which has placed the company at the forefront of infrastructure project management. This is demonstrated by:
· The concessionaire sanef joining the group in 2006.
· The acquisition among 2008 and 2013 of 57.05% of Hispasat maked abertis the major shareholder in the Spanish satellite operator.
· Since 2009, after concluding operations with ACS and Citi, abertis controls avasa in Spain, while in Chile it controls the concessionaires elqui and gesa, as well as a majority holding and control of rutas del pacífico.
· In 2011, the concession award of PR-22 and PR-5 tollroads in Puerto Rico to the metropistas, a consortium leaded by abertis.
· In 2012, the world leadership in the toll road sector following the integration of the arteris Group's tollroads, as well of three extra concessions in Chile, acquired to the OHL group.