Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
abertis share price: 09/30/2014 17:38h.
IBEX 35 10,825.50
December 5th, 2006 , Barcelona
abertis to take a 32% stake in satellite operator, Eutelsat
- The €1,070Mn deal will make Abertis the largest shareholder in Eutelsat.
- With revenues of €791Mn and EBITDA of €617Mn, Eutelsat is the world’s third largest satellite operator, with a market share of 30% in Europe and 13% worldwide.
- Eutelsat operates a fleet of 23 satellites, providing coverage to 90% of the world’s population and service to 2,100 television channels and 970 radio broadcasters.
- The deal, to be executed via abertis telecom, will project abertis’ telecommunications business internationally, provide complementary technology to abertis telecom’s terrestrial technology thanks to Eutelsat’s satellite network and consolidate abertis’ dynamic presence in France as a diversified transport and telecommunications infrastructure operator.
- The deal is not expected to have any impact on Abertis’ single A rating from Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings.